I'm a future:
Option 1: Flight Operations Management, Bachelor of Science Degree
Flight Operations Management provides you with the education and experience needed to work in the flight operations division of an airline or other aviation-related company. In this program, you will complete the private pilot certification with an instrument rating, plus business and management courses.
Why Choose Aviation Management at UCM?
Option 1: Flight Operations Management
- All undergraduate aviation programs at UCM are accredited through Aviation Accreditation Board International.
- UCM owns an airport with 18 flight-ready aircraft, including a fleet of Cessna 172 Skyhawks, multi-engine aircraft and gliders are for flight training.
- The university has a hot-air balloon, which may be used to earn a rating.
- The department's flight simulation equipment includes several advanced aviation flight training devices, including a 737 NG AAFD.
What will I study?
The mission of the Flight Operations Management Program is to provide you the education and experience needed to work in the flight operations division of an airline or other aviation related company.
Students will learn:
- Safety management systems, risk management tools and crisis planning.
- Overall structure of flight operations and regulations.
- Management of a flight operation, including finance, marketing, training, project management and human resources.
- Airport Management
- Air Traffic Control
- Transportation Systems
What can I do with a degree in Flight Operations Management?
- Airport Manager
- Air Traffic Controller
- FAA Safety Inspector
- Operations Supervisor
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Aviation, there are several opportunities to be involved:
- Alpha Eta Rho
- Aviation Student Government
- National Intercollegiate Flight Team
- Women in Aviation International
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know students and provide personalized attention.
The aviation faculty and staff members at UCM represent a wide range of academic and professional training. All faculty hold terminal degrees in their areas of specialization and practices in the field. (http://www.ucmo.edu/aviation/facstaff/)
Learn more about Aviation at UCM:
Department of Aviation