I'm a future:
Crisis and Disaster Management
Bachelor of Science Degree
UCM's Crisis and Disaster Management program prepares students to become qualified professionals in the growing field of emergency management. Students who participate in this program may concentrate in the areas of emergency management, hazardous materials or business continuity.
Why choose Crisis and Disaster Management at UCM?
- The field of emergency management has advanced in recent decades, resulting in an increase in demand for qualified professionals.
- You are required to complete a practicum which provides them with valuable experience in the field to compliment their educational accomplishments.
What will I study?
UCM's Crisis and Disaster Management program facilitates individual professional development in a student-centered learning environment. Its multidisciplinary curriculum focuses on the principles of preparedness, response, mitigation, and recovery in an integrated program of study.
- Community Mitigation and Recovery
- Disaster Management Technology
- Technology Application Studies
- Field Exercise Project
- Integrated Emergency Management
What can I do with a degree in Crisis and Disaster Management?
- Administrative Aide
- Emergency Management Director
- Fire Chief
- Mitigation Planner
- Technical Hazards Specialist
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
Departmental organization include:
- The Institute for Rural Emergency Management offers the opportunity for service learning to you by assisting rural communities and high-risk organizations to prepare for the inevitable emergency and potential disaster.
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know you and provide personalized attention.
In addition to diverse backgrounds and experience in their fields of expertise, several faculty members hold professional certifications. They are also active participants in research, writing and presentations at state, national and international professional conferences.
Learn more about Crisis and Disaster Management at UCM
Department of Crisis and Disaster Management