I'm a future:
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree
UCM's Graphic Design program is designed to help students develop their creative talents and technical skills to become graphic designers in advertising agencies, design firms, public relations, interactive and digital media studios, in-house art departments of magazines and newspapers, book publishers, retail chains, commercial printing firms, freelance and other creative venues.
Why choose Graphic Design at UCM?
- UCM's Department of Art and Design is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design. UCM is the only state-supported four-year school in Missouri with such accreditation.
- You'll use harware, software, and equipment that is standard in the career field as an integral part of your education.
- You have the opportunity to live in the "ARTSHIP" residence hall community for art and design majors.
What will I study?
As a student in UCM's Graphic Design program, you'll master creative problem solving, conceptual and aesthetic judgment, and the use of technology as a design tool through instruction from highly experienced faculty and from hands-on experience in studios courses.
- Logo and Trademark Design
- Publication Design
- Design for Advertising
- Interactive Design
- Motion Design
What can I do with a degree in Graphic Design?
- Graphic Designer
- Advertising Agency Art Director
- Interactive Design Designer
- Motion Designer
- Publications Designer
- Package Designer
- Web Page Designer
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
Departmental organization include:
- Student chapter of the AIGA, the professional organization for design.
- Our students have opportunities with professional groups in Kansas City including the KC Ad Club and Kansas City AIGA Chapter
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 20 to 1, which allows professors to get to know you and provide personalized attention.
Our faculty is composed of highly qualified and dedicated individuals who possess the necessary education and experience to present the theoretical and practical aspects of graphic design.
Learn more about Graphic Design at UCM
Department of Art and Design