I'm a future:
Bachelor of Science Degree
The UCM Communication Studies program represents the most contemporary educational trend in preparing professionals in the rapidly changing field of communication across media, contexts, channels and cultures.
Why choose Communication Studies at UCM?
- As a highly customizable major it allows you the opportunity to create a program that reflects your skills and interests.
- The program flexibility provides you with the opportunity to take several elective courses.
- You'll have the opportunity to participate in the Oxfam Hunger Banquet to persuade people that hunger is an issue.
What will I study?
Communication Studies is committed to preparing you to communicate effectively and excel at examining the role of messages in various types of human relationships, organizations, cultures, and social institutions.
- Improving Listening Abilities
- Interpersonal Communication
- Communication Research Methods
- Social Influence
- Senior Capstone
What can I do with a degree in Communication Studies?
- Communication Manager
- Non-Profit Manager
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Communications there are several opportunities to be involved in:
- Talking Mules
- Association of Business Communicators
- National Broadcasting Association
- Public Relations Student Society of America
- Society of Professional Journalists
- Pi Kappa Delta
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 20 to 1, which allows professors to get to know you and provide personalized attention.
There are 20 full-time faculty members in the Department of Communication and Sociology with scholarly and/or work experience in their areas of specialization.
Learn more about Communication Studies at UCM
Department of Communication and Sociology