The National Energy Retrofit Institute (NERI) is a national workforce development program and consortium formed to promote an energy retrofit model for the residential energy efficiency sector. This model, when duplicated in communities nationwide, will lead to more “green” jobs for United States citizens and stronger local economies. Operating under University of Central Missouri's, School of Graduate and Extended Studies, NERI will provide the support and structure needed to actualize nationwide sustainability and scalability by accomplishing the following:
- Provide nationwide training, and certificate programs for professionals and workforce development in the residential retrofit industry focused on sales, administration and management
- Provide workshops to educate key stakeholders, i.e. realtors, lenders, homeowners, etc.
- Establish local market consortium “chapters’ in all markets interested in incubating a retrofit industry sector within their local economy
- Provide a cooperative marketing effort platform for members and sponsors
- Recognize and embrace current industry technical standards and best practices, i.e. BPI, RESNET
- Provide retrofit sector with business best practices