UCM Celebrates Earth Day 365 April 22-27
Contact: Innovative Public Relations
WARRENSBURG, Mo. (April 11, 2013) — The University of Central Missouri will its annual host Earth Day 365 celebration April 22-27 with a weeklong celebration that invites the UCM and Warrensburg communities to “Change your behavior; change our world.”
The kick-off event, which is combined with the Warrensburg community Earth Day celebration, is the Haute Trash Fashion Show 7 p.m. Monday, April 22 on West Pine Street in downtown Warrensburg. Entertainment begins at 6 p.m. with the band Luehrman, Shaeffer and Check and opening remarks at 6:45 p.m. by UCM Provost and Chief Learning Officer Deborah Curtis and Warrensburg Mayor Don Butterfield.
Bringing together the UCM and Warrensburg communities in an effort to inspire residents to consider a “green” lifestyle, a variety of events are planned.
The Earth Day 365 activities will include:
- Monday, April 22:
- The Warrensburg Earth Day Celebration will take place from 6-8:30 p.m. on Pine Street. This will include the Haute Trash Fashion Show at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 23:
- The Office Supply Exchange will take place from 9 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. in Elliott Union 237B.
- “Green Soul of the Ozarks: Marideth Sisco and the Blackberry Winter Band” with photography by UCM professor Emeritus John Hess will take place at 7:30 p.m. at Hart Recital Hall.
- Wednesday, April 24:
- The Green Car Show will take place from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. on the Union Mall.
- The Eco-Luncheon will begin at noon with the Female Eco-Preneur Panel from 1:30-3 p.m. in Elliott Union 236 - 238. Reserve your seat by filling out the online form provided at ucmo.edu/earthday365.
- Thursday, April 25:
- The New to You Clothing Swap will take place at 3:30 p.m. in Union 235.
- The Warrensburg Green Tour will take place 4-6 p.m. beginning and ending at Maple Grove Elementary. Reserve your spot by emailing Suzy Latare at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, April 26:
- Yoga on the President’s Lawn is planned for at noon at Selmo Park.
- Saturday, April 27:
- UCM Service Day will take place from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. All participants should meet at the Union Mall.
- What Can I Do? A Family Festival is slated for from 1:30-3:30 p.m. at the UCM Mitchell Street Farm.
- Arbor Day Tree Planting will take place at 2 p.m. at the Mitchell Farm.
- Monday, April 22 – Friday, April 26:
- Electronics Recycling is scheduled all day at the W.C. Morris parking lot.
- Textile Recycling is planned for all day at the Union Atrium and the Rec Center.
For more information about Earth Day 365, contact Steven Boone at 660-543-8209 or visit ucmo.edu/EarthDay365. Interact with us by using #ChooseRedGoGreen on Twitter @UCMEarthDay365 or like us on Facebook at Facebook.com/UCMEarthDay365.