A certified athletic trainer is a highly educated and skilled professional specializing in athletic health care. In cooperation with physicians and other allied health personnel, the athletic trainer functions as an integral member of the athletic health care team in various settings.
The Athletic Training Program (ATP) is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education.
Also interested in the Sport Nutrition minor, view the 2014-2015 AT with Sport Nutrition minor advising sheet.
Facts at a Glance
- The UCM ATP has graduated 42 students since receiving our initial accreditation in 2007.
- We have our largest Second Year Students cohort class of 17 starting fall of 2014.
- The class of 2013 has a 100% first time pass rate on the Board of Certification exam.
- Graduates have secured employment in various settings including high schools, universities, clinical settings, and as university faculty.
- Employment of athletic trainers is expected to grow by 19 percent, much faster than the average for all occupations (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Board of Certification (BOC) Certification Exam Pass Rate
20153 Year Aggregate
# of Students Graduated647 011 # of Students who Took BOC Exam546 010 # of Students who Passed on First Attempt345 09 % of Student who Passed on First Attempt60%100%83.33% 090% # of Students who Passed Overall346 010 % of Students who Passed Overall60%100%100% 0100%
Athletic Training Program Admission Requirements:
- Completed application with forms (completed during the second semester of first year)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher in all AT classes
- Official university transcripts
- Successful completion of interview with Athletic Training program committee (completed during the second semester of freshmen year)
- Professional Rescuer - CPR/AED and First Aid certification
- Completed physical examination with appropriate immunization record
- Proof of personal insurance and completed technical standards
- Drug Screening
- Criminal Background Check