Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Graduation Application

All undergraduate students must apply for graduation with the Registrar's Office (see details below).

All graduate students must apply for graduation with the Registrar's Office. For more information, contact the Registrar's office at (660)543-4900 or

The information on this website is for undergraduate students only.

How do I know if I’m ready to apply for graduation?

Prior to applying for graduation run a copy of your Central Degree audit (available in MyCentral, Student Services tab) to make sure that it is "clean". If the audit is showing courses or requirements that are not yet met, but you think you have met them - work with your professional academic advisor on any general education courses and your department chair(s) on any major/minor courses.

When should I apply for graduation?

Students should apply for graduation one semester before they intend to graduate, after they have enrolled in courses for their final semester. It is NOT recommended to apply for graduation during your final semester, as it is then too late to adjust your schedule in case you are missing requirements.

Students seeking spring or summer graduation should apply in October after signing up for spring semester classes. Students seeking fall semester graduation should apply in March/April after signing up for fall semester classes.

How do I apply for graduation?

Option 1:

Stop by the Registrar’s Office in Ward Edwards, suite 1000 and fill out a paper graduation application. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm during the fall and spring semesters and from 7:30am to 4:30pm during the summer semester.

Option 2:

Apply online by clicking on the Senior Exit Survey and Graduation Application button at the bottom of this page. This will bring you first to the Senior Exit Survey. The survey will take about 10 minutes to fill out. Do not stop after the survey - you still have to fill out the Graduation Application.

After you submit the survey you will be directed to the Graduation Application. This takes about five minutes to complete.

Make sure to list your name on the Graduation Application as you want it to appear on your diploma. Think about how/if you want your middle name or middle initial listed and if you want to use a nickname (Mike) or your full name (Michael). If desired, include any suffixes such as Jr. or II.

Make sure that the diploma address that you list will be active one-two months after your graduation date for the mailing of your diploma.

What happens after I submit my Graduation Application?

You will receive an e-mail from 1-2 weeks after applying for graduation with the results of your application and a copy of your graduation application (aka - "clearance card"). This e-mail will go to your UCM e-mail address.

All undergraduate students who have completed a Graduation Application will be placed on the appropriate graduation list. The Graduation Application will show you the semester you have been approved for (this may differ from the semester you applied for!) and will list out any remaining requirements. PLEASE REVIEW THIS FORM CAREFULLY.

If necessary, make any adjustments in your scheduled coursework. All requirements must be met before a degree will be conferred. This includes departmental substitutions, “U” removals, any in-progress transfer course work, listings of departmentally approved major electives, and all other deficiencies.

If you have questions about your graduation review, contact the Office of the Registrar in Ward Edwards 1000 at 660-543-4914 or

During your graduation semester, you will be billed the non-refundable $50 graduation fee. This will occur about two months before the ceremony. This fee applies to all graduates, even if you choose not to participate in the actual ceremony. If you must delay your graduation after the fee has been charged, you will not be billed again in future semesters.

I've already applied for graduation, but need to change something (like diploma address, add/drop a minor, etc.). What do I do?

Students must keep the Registrar's Office informed of any changes in graduation plans. If you have already applied for graduation, do not apply again. If you have any questions concerning your application or need to amend your application, please contact the Office of the Registrar in Ward Edwards 1000 at 660-543-4914 or

What can I expect during my final semester?

During your final semester, the Registrar’s Office will periodically send you information about graduation beginning about two months before the commencement ceremony. All of this information is delivered via the e-mail account. Make sure that you are checking this e-mail account every few days until you have received your UCM diploma (6-8 weeeks after the ceremony).

Candidates planning to participate in the commencement ceremony may pick up a cap and gown at the University Store at the Crossing (660-543-4370) approximately one month before graduation. Picture ID is required.

Name cards (the card you present to the reader at the ceremony) can be picked up at the Registrar's Office (Ward Edwards 1000) during finals week. Picture ID is required.

Other graduation items:

I have other questions about graduation, where can I get those answered?

You can find out information about the ceremony at . This site is typically updated three months before the ceremony.

You may direct other questions to the Office of the Registrar in Ward Edwards 1000 at 660-543-4914 or

Print this list for future reference.