Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content
A. To advise the Athletics Director concerning policies
B. To inform the University community and other interested persons of the status of the program
C. To consider matters referred by the Athletics Director and/or other members of the committee
D. To recommend persons to represent the University in matters relative to athletic associations and/or conferences in which the University holds membership
II. POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
Reports to the President of the University and the Athletics Director
A. Composition (13 members)
1. Five faculty members
2. Two student members (voting)
3. One member of the UCM Alumni Association (voting)
4. One non-faculty staff member (voting)
5. Athletics Director (non-voting)
6. One Associate/Assistant Athletic Director (non-voting)
7. One faculty representative chosen as representative to regional and national associations (non-voting)
8. One representative from Finance and Administration (non-voting)
1. Faculty members nominated from the six voting units by Faculty Senate Committee on Committees and confirmed by the Faculty Senate
2. Student members nominated by the Student Government Association and appointed by the President of the University
3. Alumnus member nominated by the Executive Committee of the Alumni Association and appointed by the President of the University
4. Non-faculty staff member appointed by the President of the University
5. Athletics Director is an ex-officio member
6. Associate/Assistant Athletics Director(s) are ex officio members
7. Faculty member to serve as representative to regional and national associations appointed by the President of the University
8. Representative from Finance and Administration appointed by the Vice President for Finance and Administration
C. Selection of Chair
The President of the University shall select a chair from the membership of the committee
D. Term of Service
Two years (with staggered terms to be maintained as desirable)
The committee may hold at least one regular meeting each quarter year. Agendas shall be sent to all members of the committee at least one week prior to each meeting.
Minutes shall be sent to members of the committee, The President of the University and the Faculty Senate. The committee shall report to the Faculty Senate upon request.
The committee chair is responsible for creating and maintaining a Policy and Procedures Manual, a copy to be kept in the Faculty Senate Office.
Committees may conduct business and voting via electronic means.
REV 9/08; REV 12/2013