Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content
A. To advise and assist the Assistant Provost for Information Technology and Instruction in devising the policies of the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) to contribute to the achievement of the Statewide Mission in Academic Technology.
B. To develop criteria for CTL grants.
C. To evaluate proposals and suggest grant recipients to the Assistant Provost for Information Technology and Instruction, based upon the established grant criteria, the availability of funds, and the furtherance of the Statewide Mission.
D. To disseminate information regarding CTL activities and to inform the CTL of campus attitudes and concerns related to the CTL.
E. To provide advice when necessary to the good functioning of the CTL.
II. POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
Reports to the Provost.
A. Composition (8 to 12 members)
1. One faculty member from each voting unit
2. The Assistant Provost for Information Technology and Instruction (non-voting)
3. One member of the Support Staff
4. One member of the Professional Staff
5. One representative of the Student Government Association
6. Up to three additional members selected by the Assistant Provost on the basis of special knowledge or experience.
1. Faculty members from voting units nominated by the FS Committee on Committees and confirmed by the Faculty Senate
2. Assistant Provost for Information Technology and Instruction designated by the Provost (non-voting)
3. Support Staff member designated by the Support Staff Council
4. Professional Staff member designated by the Professional Staff Council
5. Student Government representative selected by the SGA
6. Additional members selected by the Director of the CTL
C. Selection of Chair
The Assistant Provost for Information Technology and Instruction shall serve as chair
D. Term of Service
1. Faculty and staff members: two years
2. Student member: one year
1. Meeting Schedule: Committee meetings are held every XXX. Regular meetings are not scheduled during the summer.
2. Additional Committee Member Qualifications: No training which is required.
3. Triennial Charge Update: The committee chair is responsible for completing a triennial charge review at the designated time and then submitting it to the Faculty Senate Committee on Committee’s representative.
4. Procedures Manual: The committee chair is responsible for an annual report kept electronically by Academic Affairs. There is no procedure manual for this committee.
5. Electronic Voting: The committee may conduct business and voting via electronic means.
Updated from CAT to CTL 8/2001
Format update to U/A template 08/2016