Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content
Thank you for your interest in the University of Central Missouri Professional Staff Council. We are dedicated to keeping campus constituents and other individuals informed about the council and its goals and purposes as a group representing over 400 university professional staff employees.
Changes to UCM's Vacation Accrual Policy, September 16, 2016. The UCM Board of Governors on Friday, Sept. 16, approved a proposal that will modify aspects of Board policy 2.3.010 - Employee Vacation Accrual, beginning December 1, 2016. Click here for an HR update FAQ web page regarding upcoming changes to the current Vacation Policy and Procedures.
To help full-time staff members learn more about this policy and what it means to them, one-hour Information Sessions will be available:
1:30-2:30 and 2:30-3:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22, Elliott Student Union 238
9-10 and 10-11 a.m. Friday, Sept. 23, Wood Building, Room 311
10:30-11:30 a.m and 11:30-12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28, UCM-Lee's Summit, Room 122
Session Handouts (pdf format)
-60 Minutes with the President and Provost will be held Thursday, Oct. 6 from 3:30-4:30 pm in Union 237B. The Professional and Support Staff Councils will co-host this open forum for all professional and support staff members. Please use this link to submit anonymous questions for Dr. Ambrose and Dr. Curtis in preparation for the event.
-2017 Professional Staff Recognition Breakfast - Save the date: April 11, 2017
Click on "Minutes" in the menu to your left to keep up with the latest information regarding the upcoming FLSA changes for Exempt and Non-exempt UCM employees.
- 2016 Professional Staff Appreciation and Recognition Breakfast - was held in the Elliott Student Union Ballroom on April 21, 2016. Congratulations to Paul Polychronis who was chosen as the 2016 recipient for the JP Mees Outstanding Professional Staff Award! Click here for the photo and UCM news release article.
-60 Minutes with the President and Provost was held on 10/27/2015 at 3pm, in Union 237B the Professional and Support Staff Councils hosted a joint forum open to all professional and support staff members. The event gave all attending an opportunity to talk and discuss concerns with President Ambrose and Provost Curtis.
- 2015 Professional Staff Appreciation and Recognition Breakfast - was held in the Ballroom on April 6, 2015. Congratulations to Jeff Murphy who was chosen as the recipient for the JP Mees Outstanding Professional Staff Award! Click here for the photo and UCM news release article. Professional staff members who attended the event enjoyed a hearty breakfast, door prizes, and entertainment provided by some talented UCM student dancers. Professional Staff Council election results were announced. See the Members tab in your menu for current membership listing.
- Our PSC Community Coffee was held Friday, December 5th, 2014 from 9-10:30 in Union 240, co-sponsored by both Professional and Support Staff. We also collected non-perishable food items (peanut butter, jelly, spaghetti, pasta sauce), etc. and hygiene items (toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, toilet paper, etc.) for the Campus Cupboard as there is always a need for those items!
- Professional Staff Annual Appreciation and Recognition Breakfast, was held April 3, 2014 - All professional staff members were invited for recognition of their contributions to the university. New PSC officers and members for the next year were announced, as well as the awarding of the JP Mees Award for Outstanding Professional Staff. Congratulations to Joy Stevenson who was announced as this year's winner of the award! Click here for the photo and UCM news release article.
- Our 2013 "60 Minutes with the President" event with UCM President Dr. Charles Ambrose was held Wednesday, December 20th, (2013). The joint Community Service Committee for both Support Staff Council and Professional Staff Council collected contributions towards Destiny House's (new Homeless Shelter in Warrensburg) "Adopt-a-Bunk" fundraiser. We are happy to report that $117 was contributed towards our $300 goal. We had a nice turnout and enjoyed an hour plus visit with our university president!
- Our Turkey Trot Bowling Food Pantry benefit (Check out these fun photos!) November 2011
- 2011 "60 Minutes with the President" event that in the Union Ballroom at 10:00 am November 2, 2011 with UCM President Dr. Charles Ambrose. - Click HERE to listen to the audio recording of that hour-long question and answer forum.(requires Windows Media or Real Player installation.)
This PSC website is packed with information to help people understand what the council is about, its membership, committees and key contacts. When browsing through the site, be sure to click on the council minutes to learn more about discussion and action taken by the council in its most recent meetings.
Meetings are held monthly and are open to all professional staff
members who wish to attend.