Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content


Your Responsibilities as a Finanacial Aid Recipient



  • To qualify for federal, state, and other financial aid, you must attend the classes you enroll for.  If you withdraw from UCM (or stop attending your classes) you may be required to repay some (or even all) of the federal assistance that was credited to your UCM account for the semester.

  • You're responsible for satisfying your educational and living expenses. When you enroll for classes at UCM, you're agreeing to pay all of your charges, whether or not you have applied for financial assistance. If you're not awarded the amounts of aid you were expecting, lose eligibility for one or more types of assistance, or fail to meet all aid eligibility requirements, you must still pay all of your outstanding charges.

  • The total amount of financial aid you may receive is not unlimited.  The following are the kinds of considerations used to determine your total eligibility for assistance:

    1.  Your assigned federal Cost of Attendance to attend the University of Central Missouri.

    2.  Your grade level (freshman, sophomore, etc.), which is determined according to the 
          number of credit hours you've earned, not the number of semesters attended.

    3.  The annual and lifetime Federal Stafford Loan borrowing limits established by the 
         federal government.

    4.  For scholarship consideration, your composite ACT or SAT score, as well as your
         academic  performance in high school, at Central Missouri, or at the college/university
         from which you may be transferring.

  • Applying for assistance is an annual process.  Complete and submit your FAFSA in February or March prior to each school year you wish to receive assistance. For example, the Central Missouri 2008/2009 FAFSA application priority date is April 1, 2008.  This means you must submit your 2008/2009 FAFSA by April 1, 2008 to be classified an 'on-time' applicant and be considered for the types of assistance for which funding is more limited.

  • If you’re awarded scholarships or benefits from any source after having been awarded federal and/or state assistance, you're required to promptly notify the UCM Office of Student Financial Services.