Transferring to UCM
The UCM Office of Student Financial Services is very pleased to assist any undergraduate or graduate student who plans to transfer to the University of Central Missouri from another college or university. To ensure a smooth transition, students who wish to receive federal financial aid from UCM should follow these steps:
- Apply and be fully accepted for admission to a degree (or teaching certificate) program offered by UCM. This includes having an official academic transcript sent to UCM from each college, university, or technical school you previously attended. The UCM Office of Undergraduate Admissions is located in
1401 Ward Edwards Bldg. and may be reached by phone (660-543-4290) or email. The UCM Office of Graduate Studies is located in 1800 Ward Edwards Bldg. and may be reached by phone (660-543-4621) or email.
- The data from your Free Application for Federal Student Aid ( FAFSA) must be on file with UCM. If you're transferring to UCM for the 2015 Summer Session, your 2014/2015 FAFSA data must be provided to UCM. On the other hand, if you're transferring to UCM for the 2015/2016 school year, the data from your 2015/2016 FAFSA will be needed.
If your FAFSA data is already on file at a school other than the University of Central Missouri, don't submit another FAFSA.You will need to add UCM's school code (002454) to your FAFSA at the FAFSA website, using your Federal PIN.
If you need to submit a FAFSA, do so at www.fafsa.gov only. Don't use any other website!
- Some FAFSA applicants are selected by the U.S. Department of Education to verify the information they enter on the FAFSA. If you're selected, the UCM Office of Student Financial Services will contact you by email regarding the information, clarification and/or documents you must submit. Compliance is mandatory, even though your FAFSA data may have already been verified by the school from which you're transferring.
- If you received Federal Stafford (student) Loan, Perkins Loan, and/or PLUS (parent) Loan aid from any school in the past, be sure to notify the school(s) of any change in your address and that you're transferring to the University of Central Missouri.
- A recipient of Access Missouri Grant, Bright Flight Scholarship or other State of Missouri assistance may wish to contact the Missouri Department of Higher Education (800-473-6757) to ask if these funds can be transferred for disbursement at UCM.
- A transfer student wishing to receive V.A. educational benefits to attend the University of Central Missouri must submit VA Form 22-1999 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training). This document, and other information about receiving V.A. educational benefits, may be obtained from the UCM Office of Student Financial Services.
Questions? Contact the UCM Office of Student Financial Services. In addition, detailed information about UCM's financial aid programs, policies, and procedures may be found by clicking here.
Transferring from UCM to another school?