Professional Student Organizations
There are two professional student organizations and one honor society in which safety students can be involved. These opportunities exist to promote professional development, mentoring and peer support for students with a major or minor in Safety Sciences. Gain a professional edge and opportunities to:
- Network with professionals.
- Attend professional meetings and seminars.
- Enhance one’s leadership skills.
Student members can elect to receive the professional journals and participate in chapter and national meetings at substantial discounts.
Purpose: Promote the advancement of the safety profession and the safety professional.
- Promote educational programs to obtain knowledge as a safety professional.
- Support forums and the exchange of knowledge among members.
- Promote interaction with the Kansas City Heart of America Chapter and the St. Louis Chapter of ASSE.
Membership: Any student pursuing a degree in the department of Safety Sciences.
Association of Student Industrial Hygienists
Purpose: Promote the advancement of the industrial hygiene profession and foster the professional well-being and development of members.
- Increase individual knowledge of industrial health through interaction with other safety and health organizations.
- Promote the study of occupational safety and health.
- Interact with professionals in government, industry, education and other professional fields.
- Use skills and knowledge of students and faculty in projects to improve the chapter and provide safety and health services to UCM.
Membership: Any student with an interest in industrial hygiene currently enrolled at the university.