Instructions for Internship Registration Form
- Complete the electronic Internship Registration Form by following the instructions on this page and print the form.
- To find one’s Cumulative Grade Point Average—go to www.ucmo.edu navigate over to “Current Students” drop down and select “My Central”, you will then be prompted to enter your 700 # (student ID) and password. After entering those you will be led to your screen. Click on the student services tab. Navigate down on the right-hand side of the page and click on un-official transcript. Enter the transcript level (either graduate or undergraduate). Under Transcript type select unofficial and hit the submit tab. Scroll down and your cumulative GPA will be readily visible on the lower right-hand side of the page.
- The address where you can be reached during this internship period is important. We need the complete physical street address, best phone number to reach you and city, state and zip code.
- The Internship Office here at UCM will communicate with interns via email and Blackboard. *NOTE* Any/all communications with the University of Central Missouri will be initiated from and sent to your @ucmo.edu email. International interns, please see the block of instruction below:
- INTERNATIONAL INTERNS ONLY--Fill in the international telephone number on the line provided that is labeled International telephone, and fill out the international address as well. In the company information section for International students please type in your supervisor’s entire telephone number on the line provided.
- Course Information section--Select SOT (3022 or 5022).
- Select the Term for which you are enrolling (Summer, Fall or Spring).
- Fill in the year of enrollment.
Select the credit hours for which you want to do your internship. Remember that 1 Hr requires 80 hours of work and so forth. See Table below:
|Semester Credit Hours
||40 Hour Work Weeks
||20 Hour Work Weeks
||Weekly Report Required
- Type in the name of your Major (Department) Advisor.
- Fill in the Company name. Note: Many companies have corporate headquarters. If this is not the address or location where you will be interning, do not use it. Please only put the actual address where you can be located for the duration of this internship.
- Type in the name of your immediate supervisor.
- Select the gender of your supervisor (This helps with androgynous names like, Tony, Jerri, etc.)
- Type in the title of your supervisor and their direct phone and extension.
- Fill in the supervisors’ email and facsimile number. (International interns will tab down a level to the next line and type in the necessary information).
- Fill in the Start Date of your internship.
- Fill in the projected end date.
- Select whether you will be Part time or Full time.
- Arrow down and complete the days of the week you will work.
- Check whether this is a Paid internship or Unpaid internship.
- Company’s website –if applicable fill in their complete web address (to the left of the Work Information).
- Fill in your work phone number. (Note—for International interns, please fill in the line below that is specified International).
- Type in your job title and a brief description of your duties and job description.
- Print the form, sign and bring it to your Major (Department) Advisor for their approval and signature.
- Fax, mail or bring in the form to the Internship office located at 09G, Grinstead, University of Central Missouri, 64093. Telephone 660-543-8697; fax 660-543-4578 for the Internship Coordinator’s signature and final approval.
- Check to ensure you were properly enrolled. You may verify your enrollment on My Central. Many times classes are not opened to students on Blackboard until close to session beginnings. Watch for an email announcing your enrollment. Be mindful of future emails and announcements sent through your UCM email and posted on Blackboard. Note—it may take a few days for your classes to be made available to you in Blackboard.
INTERNSHIP SECTIONS ARE NOT MADE AVAILABLE ON BLACKBOARD UNTIL THE SEMESTER BEGINS. WAIT FOR A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM THE INTERNSHIP OFFICE.
Technology Internship Registration Form (PDF format)