At the University of Central Missouri, we believe students should have the opportunity to learn in a safe and civil environment, free from sexual and interpersonal violence. For this reason, we provide all new students with education designed to help promote respect relationships. Haven is an engaging online program that provides important prevention skills and strategies for our students.
All newly-admitted students are required to complete this course. Any former UCM undergraduate student who began graduate school at UCM after January 1, 2014 also needs to complete the Haven program, even if they have completed AlcoholEdu previously.
Any new student who does not complete Haven will receive a hold on their student account and will not be able to enroll in their second semester classes until they complete the program.
The course will take approximately 45 minutes.
Steps to logging in:
- Go to the MyCentral log in page.
- Enter your MyCentral ID (700 number on your ID card) and password into the login box. Note: If you have a problem logging in or can’t find your password call the UCM Technology Support Center at 660-543-4357 or email them at email@example.com.
- Once you’re logged into MyCentral click on the Haven link located in the left hand links, toward the bottom of the page (not the AlcoholEdu link).
- If you have technical difficulties once you are in the course please call the Haven toll free help line at
- You may log in and out of Haven at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a “Next” button. IMPORTANT: DO NOT log out until you click the “Next” button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- To log back into your account, go to the MyCentral log in page and repeat steps 2 & 3.
Timeline for course completion:
For all new UCM students starting in the Fall or Summer
- Mid-July: login to MyCentral to begin taking the course
- First day of Fall classes: Part 1 of the course must be complete
- 45 days after you complete part one: login to complete part 2.
- Before Spring enrollment begins: all students must have completed part 1 or
a hold will be placed on their student account.
For new students starting in the Spring
- January 1: login to MyCentral to begin taking the course
- January 30: Part 1 of the course must be complete to not receive a hold
- 45 days after you complete part one: login to complete part 2
- Before Fall/Summer enrollment begins: all students must have completed part
1 or a hold will be placed on their account
Basic computer requirements
- To take Haven, you will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities. The Haven site also has other minimum technical requirements you will need in order to navigate the course.
- Because Flash Player is necessary to view some portions of the course, you may not be able to use a smart phone or tablet to complete the course.
- If you do not have access to a computer at home you may use the UCM library or another computer lab on campus.
Should you experience technical difficulties once you are logged into the course, click the “Help” button within the course to access the 24/7 help center.
Please note: the 2013 federal Campus Sexual Violence Act (SaVE Act) now requires all new students to complete a sexual and interpersonal violence prevention education; Haven fulfills this requirement.
Resources for Our Partners