Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) Certification Preparation
About the Course:
In today’s business environment the need for qualified project managers continues to grow. This 40-hour course expands upon the basic concepts of the Project Management Essentials course and will prepare you to sit for the (CAPM®) Certification Exam.
What You Will Learn:
- The critical information necessary to take and pass the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) Certification Exam.
- Ten knowledge areas and five process groups
- Key processes, inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs
- How to initiate a project, plan project work, and develop project schedules, cost estimates, and budgets.
- Plan project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Plan project procurement, execute project work and monitor and control project work.
- Monitor and control project schedule and costs.
- Monitor and control project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Monitor and control project risks and contracts, close the project.
Who Needs To Attend:
The course is designed for novice project managers who want to increase their project management skills, apply a standards-based approach to project management, and apply for Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI®) Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
Participants should have a basic understanding of project management concepts or have some project management experience. The Project Management Essentials Course offered provides this basic understanding if you have not already been exposed.
- Project Management Body of Knowledge, 5th edition (PMBOK)
- CAPM Exam Prep, 3rd edition – Rita Mulcahy
To Ensure Your Success:
We recommend you complete as much pre-course reading as possible. This includes reading the PMBOK and taking CAPM practice tests.
- Session 1: Review of CAPM Certification and Application Process
- Session 2: Project Management Fundamentals
- Session 3: Project Management Processes
- Session 4: Integration Management
- Session 5: Scope Management
- Session 6: Time Management
- Session 7: Cost Management
- Session 8: Quality Management
- Session 9: Human Resources Management
- Session 10: Communications Management
- Session 11: Risk Management
- Session 12: Procurement Management
- Session 13: Stakeholder Management
- Session 14: Professional Ethics and Responsibilities
- Session 15: Project Management Review
- Session 16: CAPM Practice Exam