Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification Preparation
About The Course:
Your ability as a project manager to demonstrate best practices in project management, both on the job and through professional certification, is becoming the standard to compete in today's fast-paced and highly technical workplace. This fourty-hour course expands on the basic concepts presented in the Project Management Fundamentals course and offers a job-related approach to successful project management across application areas and industries.
What You Will Learn:
- The critical information necessary to take and pass the Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification Exam.
- Nine knowledge areas and five process groups
- Key processes, inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs
- How to initiate a project, plan project work, and develop project schedules, cost estimates, and budgets.
- Plan project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Plan project procurement, execute project work and monitor and control project work.
- Monitor and control project schedule and costs.
- Monitor and control project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Monitor and control project risks and contracts, close the project.
Who Needs To Attend:
This course is designed for experienced project managers who want to increase their project management skills, apply a standards-based approach to project management, and apply for Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI®) Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification.
Participants need to have a detailed understanding of project management fundamentals and three to four years of project management experience.
Required Books (not included in the cost):
Required books are listed. Students are responsible for the cost of books.
- Project Management Body of Knowledge 4th edition (PMBOK)
- PMP Exam Prep 7th edition – Rita Mulcahy
COMING SOON October 19-23, 2015 8:30am-5:00pm
850 NW Chipman Rd, Door 54
Lee's Summit, MO 64063
To Ensure Success:
We recommend you complete as much pre-course reading as possible. This includes reading the PMBOK and taking PMP practice tests.
- Session 1: Review of PMP Certification and Application Process
- Session 2: Project Management Fundamentals
- Session 3: Project Management Processes
- Session 4: Integration Management
- Session 5: Scope Management
- Session 6: Time Management
- Session 7: Cost Management
- Session 8: Quality Management
- Session 9: Human Resources Management
- Session 10: Communications Management
- Session 11: Risk Management
- Session 12: Procurement Management
- Session 13: Professional Ethics and Responsibilities
- Session 14: Project Management Review
- Session 15: PMP Practice Exam