Office of Accessibility
- Services Offered
- Accommodations Available
- Contact Us
- Opportunities at OAS
- Documentation of Disability
Information for Finals
(scroll to the middle)
Indicated below are possible appropriate accommodations approved for students as determined by their professional verification and the Office of Accessibility Services (OAS):
- Record lectures (for student study only; erased by the end of semester; only when student is in class.)*
- Note taker (when student is in class, unless excused absence.)
- Test at OAS.
- Extended time ( 1 ½ time to double time) for exams and in-class projects using math, essay or other as determined by disability.
- Reader for exams.
- Scribe for exams.
- Test in a quiet and private area.
- Alternative seating (special chair provided by OAS or sit near instructor or near a door.)
- Spell or grammar check.
- Closed caption for videos, films, etc.
- Sign language Interpreter.
- Occasional excused absence (with OAS verification).
- Wheelchair or scooter accessibility for class, fieldtrips, internships, etc.
- Exams, handouts, and other print material on disk or email, in Word Document file, WordPerfect file or rich text.
- Large-font print materials.
- Service animal.
- Need to move or stand in class, may need to leave the room.
- Textbooks in alternate format, e.g. audio.
- Accessible Parking Permit.
- Closed circuit TV (CCTV) for low vision.
- Other as needed.