Office of Accessibility Services
- Services Offered
- Accommodations Available
- Contact Us
- Opportunities at OAS
- Documentation of Disability
Information for Finals
(scroll to the middle)
Washington Center for Scholarship, Internships, and Academic Seminars
The Washington Center is able to provide competitive scholarship awards in the amount of $2,500 for students with disabilities. The scholarship award will be used toward the student’s housing fee. This scholarship may be combined with state scholarship awards available through The Washington Center.
- Self-identify as a person with a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
ADA defines a person with a disability as:
- a person with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities OR
- a person that has a record of such impairment OR
- a person that is regarded as having such impairment
- Provide a letter from your campus disability services office, a vocational rehabilitation office OR a physician treating you for your disability confirming the fact that you have a disability.
- Available only to U.S. citizens.
- Submit application by deadline for competitive placements and awards. Applications are welcome after that date, but will be processed on a space-available basis.
This internship helps increase employment for students with disabilities through an academic internship program in the executive, judicial or legislative branches of the federal government. Students with all majors are sought and have the opportunity to be placed within the government, business and non-profit organizations.
More information: http://www.twc.edu/disability_scholarships.shtml