- Student Success Center
- Writing Center
- Learning Center
- TRIO Programs
- TRIO-Student Support Services (SSS)
- TRIO-McNair Scholars Program
- Summer Suspension Waiver Program
- Scholarship Applications
- Faculty & Staff
Learning Strategies (AE 1820)
AE 1820 Learning Strategies - 2 credit hours
Many students find that high school did not prepare them for the demands of studying on a college level. College academic success depends on a student's ability to study independently. Learning Strategies is a course that focuses on strategies for college academic success. The course offers tips and strategies for
- Reading a college textbook
- Taking and studying lecture notes
- Managing your time
- Setting goals
- Improving memory and concentration
- Taking multiple choice, true/false, and essay exams
- Understanding the UCM Catalog, general education courses, and majors/minors
- Planning semester schedules
Learning Strategies (AE 1820) is a two-hour elective course.
Comments from students who have taken Learning Strategies
- It helped condition me to college studying.
- As a freshman, I think that without Learning Strategies I would have been so lost.
- It helped me adjust to college a lot. I would highly recommend it.
- I really think this class helped get me prepared for what it takes to study and survive in college.
- I got a lot out of Learning Strategies because the way you have to study in college and in high school are complete different.
For additional information about Learning Strategies courses, contact: