"What Can I Do With a Major in...Biology?"
Bachelor of Science Degree
Bachelor of Science in Education Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Collect, analyze and apply information to solve problems (managing information).
- Use various laboratory techniques and/or instruments with understanding, accuracy, precision and safety (technology).
- Develop demonstrations and experiments that illustrate biological concepts or develop new concepts.Think logically within the scientific parameters of professional biologists (higher-order thinking).
- Use the language and concepts of Biology to communicate effectively in oral and written form, to follow instructions precisely and to function in independent and collaborative settings (communicating and interacting).
- Exhibit the ethical use of knowledge, materials and procedures that demonstrates an impact on society (valuing).
- Be eligible to apply for jobs in many commercial laboratories, quality control positions, and related (technology, interacting).
- Be eligible to apply for graduate programs in the area of biology represented by the student’s major interest and course work (technology, interacting).
- Be eligible to apply for entry into professional schools in medicine,dentistry, veterinary medicine and related paramedical professions (technology, interacting).
- Areas of emphasis include: Area 1) General Biology, Area 2) Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Area 3) Wildlife and Natural Resource Conservation, Area 4) Integrative Biology, Area 5) Biomedical/Cellular and Molecular Biology, Area 6) Pre-Med, Pre-Dental, Pre-Vet, and Area 7) Conservation Enforcement.
Related Career Titles
Related Job Listings/ Job Search Website
American Fisheries Society Job Board
Association of Zoos and Aquariums
BioExchange Jobs Database
Biotech Industry Supplier Registry
CenterWatch's JobWatch: Clinical Trial Industry
Conservation Job Board
Environmental Career Opportunties
Environmental Career Organization
European Molecular Biology Laboratory Jobs
Green Jobs Ready
Government Jobs in Missouri
Marine Advanced Technology Center
Medical Health Jobs
Real Hospital Jobs
Society of Wetland Scientists
South Africa BioCareers
The Science Advisory Board Job List
American Association for the Advancement of Science
American Institute of Biological Sciences
American Institute of Biological Studies
American Society for Microbiology
Animal Behavior Society
The Ecological Society of America
Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology
Society for Marine Mammalogy
Society for Range Management
Society of Wetland Scientists
UCM Student Organizations
Four-Year Academic Plan
Career Library Resources
America;s Top Medical, Education and Human Services Jobs
Careers in Focus - Biology
Career Planning Guide for the Allied Health Professions
Comments: The Commission on Professionals in Science and Technology
Curriculum Vitae Handbook
Exploring Health Careers
Graduate Programs in Biological Sciences
Great Jobs for Biology Majors
Healthcare Job Explosion
Healthcare Careers for the 21st Century
Law School Buzz Book
Mailinglist Directory - Healthcare
Opportunities in Biological Science Careers
Opportunities in Biotechnology Careers
Opportunities in Clinical Laboratory Science Careers
Opportunities in Eye Care Careers
Opportunities in Federal Government Careers
Opportunities in Forestry Careers
Opportunities in Hospital Administration Careers
Opportunities in Landscape Architecture, Botanical Gardens and Arboreta
Opportunities in Law Careers
Opportunities in Marine and Maritime Careers
Opportunities in Medical Sales Careers
Opportunities in Paramedical Careers
Opportunities in Pharmacy Careers
Opportunities in Physical Therapy Careers
Opportunities in Physician Assistant Careers
Opportunities in Research and Development Careers
Opportunities in Zoo Careers
Opportunities in Environmental Careers
Perfect Personal Statements
Perfect Phrases for Medical School Applications
Resumes for Science Careers
Sunshine Jobs: Career Opportunities Working Outdoors
The Pfizer Guide: Medical Career Opportunities
The Pfizer Guide: Pharmacy Careers Opportunities
The PhD Process
To Boldly Go: A Practical Career Guide for Scientists
Top Careers for Liberal Arts Graduates
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Office of Career Services by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me
Career Development Coordinator