"What Can I Do With a Major in...Chemistry?"
Bachelor of Arts Degree
Bachelor of Science Degree
Bachelor of Science in Education Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor degree in Chemistry will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Collect, analyze and apply information to solve problems.
- Use various laboratory techniques and/or instruments with understanding, accuracy, precision and safety and develop experiments, demonstrations, and other hands-on activities.
- Think logically within a chemistry or physics framework and be receptive to new ideas and concepts.
- Use the language and concepts of chemistry to communicate effectively in oral and written form, to follow detailed instructions, and to function in independent and collaborative settings.
- Exhibit the ethical use of knowledge, materials and procedures that demonstrate an impact on society.
- Manage a secondary education program in chemistry, that has a laboratory emphasis, with confidence, enthusiasm, efficiency and safety.
Related Career Titles
Related Job Listings/ Job Search Website
Four-Year Academic Plan
Career Library Resources
American Society of Safety Engineers Career Guide
Curriculum Vitae Handbook
Great Jobs for Chemistry Majors
Opportunities in Environmental Careers
Opportunities in Eye Care Careers
Opportunities in Chemistry Careers
Opportunities in Clinical Laboratory Science Careers
Opportunities in Medical Sales Careers
Opportunities in Pharmacy Careers
Opportunities in Paramedical Careers
Opportunities in Physician Assistance Careers
Opportunities in Research and Development Careers
Perfect Phrases for Medical School Applications
The Pfizer Guide: Medical Career Opportunities
The Pfizer Guide: Pharmacy Career Opportunities
The PhD Process
Resumes for Science Careers
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Office of Career Services by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me
Career Development Coordinator