"What Can I Do With a Major in...Fashion: Textiles & Clothing?"
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Fashion: Textiles and Clothing in Business will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Communicate and collaborate effectively in both individual and team settings in a creative environment.
- Demonstrate professional qualities that are socially, ethically and responsibly moral in a diverse society.
- Use technology to create and present materials, organize and analyze data, and manage the production of soft goods from development through retail consumption.
- Demonstrate awareness of constant changes within the global fashion market and the need for sustainable materials in textile products.
- Interact effectively with co-workers, supervisors and customers to solve problems that lead to effective management and leadership.
Related Career Titles
Related Job Listings/ Job Search Website
American Apparel and Footwear Association
American Fiber Manufacturers Association
American Textile Machinery Association
American Yarn Spinning Association
Costume Society of America
Custom Tailors and Designers Association of America
Daily News Record Men's Fashion
EURATEX (European Apparel and Textile Association)
Fashion Business Association (UCM)
Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising
Fashion Institute of Technology
Fashion Jobs.com USA
Institute of Textile Technology
International Textile and Apparel Association, Inc.
International Textile Manufacturers Federation
International Wool Textile Organization
National Costumers Association
National Cotton Council
National Retail Federation
Round Bobbin News
Synthetic Yarn & Fiber Assn.
The Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry
The Carpet and Rug Institute
The Fashion Group International
The Wool Bureau
Four-Year Academic Plan
Career Library Resources
Careers in Fashion Plates & Other Trendsetters
Careers in Focus: Design
Careers in Focus: Fashion Opportunities
Careers in Retailing
Opportunities in Fashion Careers
Opportunities in Franchising Careers
Opportunities in Retailing Careers
Opportunities in Sales Careers
VAULT - Fashion Industry
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Office of Career Services by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me
Career Development Coordinator