"What Can I Do With a Major in...Studio Art?"
The graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Studio Art will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Demonstrate in their work an understanding of and a concern for safety, the principles of sustainability, and the environmental impact of the decisions they make as artists and/or designers.
- Demonstrate critical and creative thinking by incorporating theories and practices in art and design production adequate for innovative expression in the visual arts.
- Communicate and support informed and artistically sensitive interpretations and judgments about his/her own work as well as visual forms made by others by using perceptual, critical and aesthetic concepts that underlie the disciplines of art and design.
- Recognize and describe major periods, styles and artists in art history, as well as the historical forces that influence aesthetics, creativity and critical theory.
- Facilitate a culturally rich and visually sensitive society by recognizing and utilizing the unique and important artistic contributions made by women and men from diverse racial, geographical and cultural groups.
- Use technology in creative, critical and teaching processes as well as a resource for producing art and gahering information about art, art history, aesthetics, and art criticism.
- Exhibits evidence of an understanding of the professional standards and practices for seeking employment and achieving long-term success in their degree program career field.
Related Career Titles
Arts Organization Consultant
Related Job Listings/ Job Search Website
Clay Club (UCM)
National Council for the Education of the Ceramic Arts
Greeting Card Association
Society for Environmental Graphic Design
Society of Illustrators
The Art Directors Club
Guild of Natural Science Illustrators
Animation Blog Spot
Animation World Network
American Federation of Arts
National Association of Independent Artists
Americans for the Arts
Four-Year Academic Plan
Career Library Resources
Great Jobs for Art Majors
National Directory of Arts Internships
Opportunities in Animation and Cartooning Careers
Opportunities in Visual Arts Careers
The National Resource Guide for the Placement of Artists
Top Careers for Art Graduates
Top Careers for Liberal Arts Graduates
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Office of Career Services by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me
Career Development Coordinator