"What Can I Do With a Major in...Athletic Training?"The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Athletic Training will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Develop a foundation for a professional philosophy based on both historical and current knowledge of physical education, physical activity, and fitness/wellness.
- Understand physical activity through the use of knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology, physiology and analysis of movement patterns.
- Expand his/her skills, knowledge and understanding in a variety of physical activities including games, sports, rhythms and fitness skills.
- Understand and apply first aid procedures, safety factors and risk management involved in physical activity settings.
- Gain an awareness of administering physical education and fitness/wellness programs for diverse populations.
- Properly apply measurement and evaluation in the assessment of physical education and fitness/wellness programs.
- Develop an appreciation for the benefits of an active, healthy lifestyle.
Related Career Titles
| Occupational Therapist
Sports Club & Resort Management
Sports Physical Therapist
Strength & Conditioning Specialist
Weight Training Instructor
Related Job Listings/ Job Search Website
Health and Wellness Jobs.com
Internships with the US Olympic Committee
National Athletic Trainers Association- Job opportunities
Team Work Sports Jobs
The NCAA News: The Market - jobs opportunities in college athletics
Physical Fitness Club (UCM)
American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
American College of Sports Medicine
American Physical Therapy Association
National Association for Sport and Physical Education
National Athletic Trainers Association
National Excercise & Sports Trainers Association
The National Strength & Conditioning Association
Four-Year Academic Plan
Career Library Resources
Opportunities in Sports and Athletics Careers
Opportunities in Recreation and Leisure Careers
Opportunities in Fitness Careers
Opportunities in Occupational Therapy Careers
Opportunities in Physical Therapy Careers
Career Opportunities in the Sports Industry
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Office of Career Services by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me
Career Development Coordinator