"What Can I Do With a Major in...Dietetics?"
Why Major in Dietetics?
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics will qualify for a post-baccalaureate internship program. Student outcome goals:
- Utilize current knowledge, technology, and research to enhance the practice of nutrition and dietetics.
- Practice of nutrition care process utilizing knowledge and skills of nutritional assessment, diagnosis intervention, monitoring and evaluation.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills for the successful participation in a supervised dietetics program, employment related to foods and nutrition, or graduate study.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills, professionalism and ethical conduct needed to become a competent entry-level dietitian
- Participate in activities that promote public awareness of nutrition and advance the profession of nutrition and dietetics.
- Application of principles of management and systems in the provision of services to individuals and organizations.
Related Career Titles
|Community Nutrition Coordinator||Nutritionist|
|Dietetic Technician||Pediatric Nutritionist|
|Dietitian||Pharmaceutical Sales Representative|
|Director of Nutrition||Professor/Educator|
|Food Service Manager||Public Health Nutritionist|
|Food Service Sales Representative||Researcher|
|Gerontological Nutritionist||School Foodservice Director|
|Health Educator||Sports Nutritionist|
|Healthcare Manager||Technical Information Specialist|
|Manager of Nutrition Technical Services||WIC Nutritionist|
Related Job Listings/Job Search Website
American Dietetic Association Student Career Center
Missouri Dietetic Association
Sodexo Clinical Dietitian/Nutrition Jobs
Jobs in Dietetics
I Hire Nutrition
Four-Year Academic Plan
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Career Services Center by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me?
Career Development Coordinator