"What Can I Do With a Major in...Dietetics?"
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics will qualify for a post-baccalaureate internship program. Student outcome goals:
- Solve service-oriented problems utilizing knowledge of nutritional assessment, intervention and evaluation skills.
- Utilize current knowledge, technology, and research to enhance the practice of dietetics.
- Exhibit behaviors consistent with attitudes based on beliefs that an understanding/appreciation of global concerns and the diversity of humankind.
- Attend professional dietetic meetings at the local, state, and/or national level.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills for the successful participation in a supervised dietetics program, employment related to foods and nutrition, or graduate study.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills, professionalism and ethical conduct needed to become a competent entry-level dietitian.
- Apply scientific knowledge and principles to food service systems in the practice of dietetics.
- Apply scientific knowledge and principles related to nutrition needs and processes through the life cycle in health and disease.
- Generate, interpret, and use research and knowledge of foods and nutrition in clinical dietetics, community nutrition, and food service.
- Participate in activities that promote public awareness of nutrition and advance the profession of dietetics.
Related Career Titles
Community Nutrition Coordinator
Related Job Listings/ Job Search Website
Central Career Network
American Dietetic Association Student Career Center
Missouri Dietetic Association
Sodexo Clinical Dietitian/Nutrition Jobs
Jobs in Dietetics
I Hire Nutrition
Four-Year Academic Plan
Career Library Resources
Opportunities in Nutrition Careers
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Office of Career Services by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me
Career Development Coordinator