"What Can I Do With a Major in...International Studies?"
Bachelor of Arts Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor degree in International Studies will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Develop an awareness of how the world's systems are interdependent and how local economic and social patterns have a global impact beyond their effect on individual lives.
- Understand and analyze critical topics in international affairs and global issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various social movements and organizations that have created and are creating, goals and values that transcend national cultures and ideologies.
- Communicate program-specific knowledge effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at the intermediate level in a foreign language.
- Employ the discipline's theories, approaches, and methods in order to examine and understand past, present, and possible future international interactions.
- Develop a sensitivity and respect for other cultures, and an ability to interact with consideration and compassion in a complex, diverse, and globalized world.
Related Career Titles
International Public Administrator
Related Job Listings/ Job Search Website
International Security Jobs
Foreign Affairs Magazine
International Job Opportunities
International Career and Jobs Overseas
Agency for International Trade Information and Cooperation
American Foreign Service Association
American Institute for Foreign Study
American Translators Association
Federation of International Trade Associations
Foreign Policy Association
International Association of Business Communicators
International Center for Journalists
International Public Relations Associations
International Studies Association
World Trade Organization
Four-Year Academic Plan
Career Library Resources
American Jobs Abroad
Career Diplomacy Life and Work in the U.S. Foreign Service
Career Opportunities in Politics, Government, and Activism
Careers for Foreign Language Aficionados & Other Multilingual Types
Careers In International Affairs
Directory of American Firms Operating in Foreign Countries (Volume 1-3)
From B.A. to Payday Launching Your Career After College
Great Jobs for Foreign Languages Majors
Guide to Americas Federal Jobs
International Jobs Directory
International Jobs Where They Are, How to Get Them
Law School Revealed Secrets, Opportunities and Success
Law School Admission Council Directory
Opportunities in Foreign Language Careers
Ten Steps to a Federal Job
The Big Guide to Living and Working Overseas
The Idealist Guide to Nonprofit Careers for First Time Job Seekers
The Nonprofit Career Guide: How to Land a Job that Makes A Difference
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Office of Career Services by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me
Career Development Coordinator