A healthy relationship involves communication, honesty, and respect. It is free of all types of abuse, and it allows both individuals the freedom to make their own choices and to live healthy lives.
It takes two people to build a healthy relationship. It is important to:
- Know yourself.
- Share your honest feelings.
- Listen to your partner's opinions.
- Think about what you really want in a relationship.
- Find healthy ways to work through relational conflict.
- Talk about sexual consent and boundaries.
- Know the indicators of abusive behavior.
- Realize that you are worthy of a healthy relationship.