Children and Adults with ADHD (CHADD)
Attention Deficit Disorder Association (ADDA)
Learning Disabilities Online
The International Dyslexia Association
Learning Disabilities Association of America
National Center for Learning Disabilities
PBS Special – Misunderstood Minds
State Resource Sheet
National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities (NICHCY) provides information on special education and the rights of students with disabilities. The FREE State Resource Sheet identifies resources in each state, including state agencies, disability organizations, and parent groups.
P.O. Box 1492
Washington, DC 20013-1492
Books on Tape
Recording for the Blind &Dyslexic (RFB&D) provides educational and professional books on audiotape covering all subjects from kindergarten through postgraduate. 75,000 titles in collection. Services are available to all students with a verified learning disability.
20 Roszel Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
- Bramer, J.S. (1996). Succeeding in college with attention deficit disorders: Issues and strategies for students, counselors, and educators. Plantation, FL: Specialty Press.
- Hallowell, E.M., Rattey, J.J. (1994). Driven to distraction. New York: Random House.
- Kelly, K. and Ramundo, P. (1993). You mean I'm not lazy, stupid, or crazy? New York: Simon and Schuster.
- Murphy, K.R. and LeVert, S. (1995). Out of the fog: Treatment options and coping strategies for adult ADD. New York: Hyperion.
- Nadeau, K. (1994). Survival guide for college students with ADD or LD. New York: Washington Press.
- Novotni, P. (1999). What does everybody else know that I don't? Plantation, Florida: Speciality press, Inc.
- Quinn, P. (1994). ADD and the college student. New York: Magination Press.
- Weiss, L. (1992). Attention deficit disorder in adults. Dallas: Taylor Publishing Company.
- ADD and Adults:
Stragetegies for success from C.H.A.D.D.
Plantation, Florida: Rosenberg Communications
- The ADHD Report
Edited by R.A. Barkley
Published by The Guilford Press
72 Spring St.
New York, NY 10012
- CH.A.D.D.er Box
Published by CH.A.D.D. (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder)
499 N.W. 70th Ave.
Plantation, FL 33317
- ADDendum (for adults with ADD)
5041-A Back Lick Road
Annadale, VA 22003
- ADDult News
2620 Ivy Place
Toledo, OH 43613
- ADD Vantage
P.O. Box 29972
Thornton, CO 80229
Attention Deficit Resource Center
P.O. Box 71223
Marietta, GA 30007-1223
Voice Mail: (800) 537-3784