Biochemistry, Chemistry and Physics Programs
Mission Statement and Goals
Within the limits of its resources, the Biochemistry, Chemistry & Physicsprograms at the University of Central Missouri exists to provide active, modern undergraduate programs in chemistry and physics:
- to serve the intellectual needs of students seeking a liberal education;
- to serve the technical and general educational needs of students;
- to prepare professional chemists, physicists, and teachers; and
- for students planning careers in health, science, and engineering fields.
In fulfilling its responsibilities, the programs ...
- provides opportunities for individuals to learn the knowledge and skills necessary to be: chemists or physicists in business, industry or government; viable candidates for graduate study in chemistry or physics; qualified candidates to enter into professional programs; or secondary chemistry or physics teachers.
- incorporates modern technology and instrumentation into programs.
- develops and implements assessment procedures for the purpose of continual improvement of instruction and learning in conjunction with Central's Quality Improvement Program (CQIP).
- shares expertise with schools, businesses, and public agencies.
- maintains the BSE Degree, Functional Major program, that complies with NSTA/NCATE standards for the preparation of secondary chemistry and physics teachers.