Letter From Computer Science Coordinator
Dr. Cooper, CS Program Coordinator
Dear Prospective Student,
As the Computer Science Program Coordinator at the University of Central Missouri, I would like to thank you for your interest in our Computer Science programs. We offer both undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Computer Science. The undergraduate Computer Science curriculum is designed according to ACM's curricula recommendations and ABET's accreditation guidelines, and is periodically revised to meet the fast changing pace of today's information technology. We are proud to be the first and only Missouri public institution outside the University of Missouri to offer an MS in Computer Science degree. The Master program is designed to produce senior computer professionals in the computer industry, and its focus is on the application of technology to solve a variety of practical problems.
I am proud to tell you that our CS program is better than ever. Here, I would like to share with you some highlights of our program:
- Students are the primary focus of our program. We have small class sizes which enable a good interaction between professors and students.
- We sponsor a student-chapter of ACM which provides our computer science students with a platform of peer interaction and active participation in out-of-the-classroom experiences.
- We have excellent facilities including several state-of-the-art computing labs and classrooms which are equipped with latest software and technology.
- We offer both Windows and Linux platforms so that our students are well-prepared for a career as a software professional under those two leading industry-standard platforms.
- We teach various contemporary computer programming languages including C, C++, Java, Oracle, SQL, OpenGL, PHP, Perl, Visual Basic, etc.
- We offer significant coverage of systems and architecture in addition to the software development arena.
- All computer sciences courses for majors and minors are taught by full time faculty who have terminal degrees and are experts in various areas of computing.
- The job placement for our computer science graduates is excellent. According to the recent report from the Office of Career Services at UCM, our computer science students are among the most successful in finding jobs.
For more information, please arrange to visit us by contacting the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science. Phone: 660-543-4930, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to seeing you on campus.
Curtis Cooper, Ph.D.
Computer Science Program Coordinator