UCM Emeriti Association
- About Association
- Benefits & Resources
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Schedule of Events
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Information
- Lifelong Learning
Campus Map & Tour
Take a look at UCM's beautiful campus and facilities with our campus map & tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get an ID Card?
Visit the Campus ID Office in the Union. Hours of operation can be found here.
How do I get a parking pass?
Visit Campus Parking Services located in the Public Safety building. More information on the parking office can be found here.
What are my dues and where do I pay them?
Current dues are $3 per Emeriti per year, as decided by the Emeriti Association. Dues can be paid to the Treasurer of the Association whose contact information can be found on the Contacts page.
If I'm considering retiring from a faculty position and have informed my department, what would be my best course of action for initiating the process?
Visit Human Resources. More information can be found on the Human Resources Website.
How do I know whether the Emeritus title will apply to me when I retire?
As quoted from the Board of Governors policies: “Board of Governors of the University of Central Missouri may grant emeritus status to individuals who are retiring in good standing and who are:
- Faculty members; certain administrative staff including the president, vice presidents, deans or directors; assistant or associate vice presidents or deans; other staff members who report directly to the president or a vice president; and staff members who hold academic rank; and
- Past their 10th anniversary date of employment at the university; and,
- At least 50 years of age.
- Special circumstances may warrant the Board of Governors granting emeritus status to others at its discretion.”
See the Board of Governors Emeriti Policies page for more information. Check with your department chair for more specific information.
What about returning to work? I've heard of some professors returning to teach as Adjunct. What does this mean and how does one go about doing this?
Talk with your department chair about teaching opportunities.
What are the benefits of Emeriti status?
There are several benefits and privileges extended to Emeriti. See them here.
How will I know what is happening on campus?
You will receive periodic mailings from the Office of Alumni Relations and Development, as well as a newsletter from the Emeriti Association. These include, but are not limited to:
- Groupwise & Emeriti E-Mail Lists
- Today Magazine
- Invitations to events from the Alumni Office and Emeriti Association
Do I keep my same e-mail address from my tenure?
Yes. When you go through the check-out process through Human Resources, Information Services is notified of your change in status. You must request your account to remain active through Information Services every three years.
What benefits and privileges related to on-campus services and facilities are available to emeriti?
Use of Campus space, equipment and/or other resources, upon approval from the Department Chair or Vice President.
Where should I park when on campus? Do I count as a visitor?
With an Emeriti Parking Permit you can park in any faculty or staff lot. Standard handicap parking space regulations still apply.
Am I eligible to use the facilities at the Multipurpose Building or the new Student Recreation and Wellness Center?
The Multipurpose Building is available to the general public at designated hours which can be found on the building’s website.
Emeriti, as well as UCM Retirees not under Emeriti status, are able to use the Student Recreation and Wellness Center at no charge, as long as a valid UCM ID is presented. Hours of Operation can be found on the SRWC's website.
When are the Emeriti Association Officers elected, and for how long?
Emeriti Association Officers are elected at the Fall meetings of the Association of even numbered years. Terms generally last for two years.
I would like to nominate someone for an Association office. How do I do it?
Send an e-mail to the current Emeriti Association President.
- August 14, 2014 Emeriti Coffee-Union 236 at 9:30 a.m.
- August 28, 2014 Emeriti Dinner-Union Ballroom at 5:00 p.m.
- September 16, 2014 Emeriti Coffee-Union 219 at 2:00 p.m.
- October 16, 2014 Emeriti Coffee-Union 235 at 9:30 a.m.
- November 20, 2014 Fall Luncheon-Union 236-238 at 11:30 a.m.
- December 16, 2014 Holiday Coffee-Union Atrium at 2:00 p.m.