Gateway Advising and Major Exploration Center
In collaboration with the Office of Admissions, we are here to assist you with getting started at the University of Central Missouri. If you are transferring, or even just thinking about transferring to UCM, we have a plan in place to ensure the smoothest transition possible. The following is a recommended step-by-step breakdown of how to best get started:
Just Thinking about Transferring to UCM?
- Your Transfer Coordinator is Ashley Gardner. Please feel free to contact Ashley with any questions you have about the transfer process.
- Visiting campus is the best way to determine if UCM is a good fit for you. During your visit, you will:
- Meet with an Admissions Representative;
- Visit with a Faculty Member in your area of interest (or Career Counselor if you are undecided about your educational plans);
- Consult with an Academic Advisor on how your credits will transfer; and
- Take a walking tour of campus led by one of our Student Ambassadors.
Individual campus visits will begin in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (Ward Edwards Building, Room 1400). Upon arrival, you will receive a folder of information and an individual schedule outlining your appointments for the day.
If you would like to schedule a visit, please complete the online Transfer Student Visit Form, or call us at 877-729-8266 or 660-543-8569.
Have Decided to Transfer to UCM?
- Complete the online application for admission.
- In addition to applying for admission, you will need to submit transcripts from all schools you have attended (including institutions that may have awarded dual credit in high school) and the $30 application fee.
- If you have earned less than 24 earned credit hours, you will need to submit a high school transcript or GED scores (if GED was taken in Missouri, UCM will obtain the scores).
- If you graduated from high school in the past two years, and have less than 24 earned credit hours, you must also submit your ACT scores.
- After completing each of these requirements (as applicable), your application will be considered complete. You ought to receive a response within one week of submitting your complete application.
- Once admitted, you will receive your acceptance letter along with your initial Degree Audit and information on scheduling your orientation and enrollment date.
- Please review your initial Degree Audit carefully, making notes on any item where you may have questions. You will have opportunity to clear up any questions you have during your orientation when you meet with your Academic Advisor.
- For more information on getting orientated with UCM, feel free to check out the Transfer and New Adult Orientation Handbook below.