Nickerson Hall is located on the west side of campus. It is one of the closest residence halls to the Union, which houses a bowling alley, food (such as Chic-fil-A®, Taco Bell®, Pizza Hut®, Burger King®, Sub Connection and more), the University Store, and is the hub for campus activities. The nearest dining center is Westside Market, which is conveniently located next door in Todd Hall, which is a short walk away. It is also close to the library, Health Center, and to all of the sports complexes, including the football stadium, the baseball and softball fields, and the Multipurpose Building. Check out the Nickerson video on our YouTube page!
Nickerson Hall, [Room #]
Warrensburg, MO 64093
- Accommodates up to 162 students
- Co-ed upperclass facility
- Full kitchen
- Main TV lounge on first floor
- Study lounges on each floor
- Home to the Theatre SHIP
- Home to the Blackbox Theatre
- 10-month housing (available during breaks)
- Lower level is home to UCM football operations
- Renovated in summer 2012
- All new bedroom furniture (fall 2012)
- Shared private bathroom in suite-style area
- Two twin beds
- One shared dresser
- Two desks and two chairs
- Wireless Internet and one Ethernet hook-up per room (free service)
- Cable television hook-up (free service)
- Some of the best views of the Masstricht Friendship Tower
In the Hall :
- As home to the Theatre SHIP, many theatre majors chose to live her all four-years due to the close proximity of the Blackbox Theatre. The Blackbox, located in the Nickerson main lobby, is the location of student productions, one act plays, and studio showcases throughout the semester. It is common to find some sort of event happening each weekend in the space.
- Students host Coffee House/Open Mic Nights bi-monthly to showcase the vocal, theatrical, poetic, and musical talents of Nickerson hall residents.
Nearby Academic Buildings:
- Morris: Houses the Department of Biochemistry, Chemistry, and Physics, the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, and the Department of Biology and Earth Science
- Wood/Martin: Houses the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Science. These include English, communication, history and anthropology, modern language, sociology, and speech pathology.
- Humphreys:Houses the ROTC program, Department of Health and Human Performance, Department of Safety Science, Department of Academic Enrichment, the Department of Criminal Justice
- Ward Edwards: Home of the Harmon College of Business