- International Admissions
- English Language Center
- Student and Scholar Services
- Study Abroad
- Global Vision
- International Center Staff
Deferring your Admission
Should you find it necessary to update your University of Central Missouri admission file to reflect a later anticipated entry date, a new I-20 and letter of acceptance will need to be prepared. We want to work with you and will gladly update your admission file and issue you another letter of admission and I-20 reflecting a new anticipated entry date upon receipt of the following:
- $75 admission update fee. Payment should be made to University of Central Missouri. A check or money order is the most common method of payment. However, the admission update fee may also be paid through the use of a credit card. Visa, Discover and MasterCard are accepted by UCM.
- E-mail requesting admission deferral . This e-mail must specify the reason for the deferral and anticipated entry date (semester and year). Please e-mail all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New letter of financial support and current bank statement. It is very important that financial documents remain very current. We cannot issue a new I-20 without first receiving new financial support information.
Update requests have the same deadlines as our application deadlines. Submit request for Fall updates by May 1 and requests for Spring updates by October 1.
It is important to note that if you have already paid the SEVIS fee, you will not be required to pay this fee again as long as you apply for a U.S. visa within twelve months of the initial visa interview. If your updated I-20 shows a different SEVIS number, you must transfer your SEVIS fee to the new number. See http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/faq7.htm
Please be aware that the U.S. Consulate or Embassy will not issue an F-1 student Visa more than 120 days before the start date noted on your I-20. However, we would encourage you to schedule a visa interview appointment at your earliest convenience.
For further information you may contact International Admissions.