- International Student and Scholar Services
- English Language Center
- Study Abroad and Exchange Programs
- Transatlantic Studies Program
- Global Vision Service Learning Project
- International Center Staff
Intensive English Program Application
At UCM, we have one admission process for international students. The International Admissions team is happy to receive your online application. Please fill out the online International Student Application.
For admission to the Intensive English Program, a person must submit the following items:
- Completed online application form, including the signed Release of Records1and Financial Statement2
- A bank statement verifying that sufficient funds are available for the duration of the study period
- Evidence of satisfactory educational background
- A non-refundable application fee of U.S. $75
If you have questions, please contact:
Entering Academic Studies
Please note that unless your proficiency score places you in the advanced class, you will require more than one session of study in the IEP in order to be prepared for academic courses. Those students who are placed in the lower level classes will normally require two or more sessions in the IEP in order to reach the TOEFL level required by University of Central Missouri. All students who enter the U.S. on an I-20 issued by the Intensive English Program must be enrolled as full-time students in the IEP until such time as they successfully complete the program.
Special option for some advanced students
With the written recommendation of the Intensive English Program Director, students at the advanced level who have completed at least one eight week session in the IEP may audit or enroll in one university course in addition to their IEP classes if the department offering the course allows it.
1Release of Records is a form which allows UCM to look at your education records.
2Financial Statement is a form which states the student, or student's sponsor, has the funds to pay for the educational costs.
*Please note that admission into the Intensive English Program does not guarantee admission into an academic program at University of Central Missouri. Admission to the University may require a separate application from the Office of International Admissions.