- International Admissions
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Study Abroad and Exchange Programs
- English Language Center
- International Center Staff
Intensive English Program Application Process
Application Process for degree-seeking IEP students
Students who wish to receive an undergraduate or graduate degree from UCM after attending the IEP should use this application process.
- Complete the online application at https://www.ucmo.edu/recruit/intl/
- Upload your bank statement verifying that sufficient funds are available for the duration of the study period
- Submit your official transcripts to WES via the instructions found on the international application page
- Submit a non-refundable application fee at US $75
Application Process for IEP-ONLY students*
Students who wish to attend UCM's IEP to improve their English skills should use this application process.
Partner institutions sending IEP-Only students should use this application process.
- Request the IEP-Only Application Packet from the Director of the IEP at email@example.com.
- Complete the application and return to the Director of the IEP (via email, fax, or mail).
- Return the letter of support with a bank statement verifying the sufficient funds are available for the duration of the study period (with the application)
- Upload a copy of your passport and send to the Director of the IEP (with the application)
If you have questions, please contact:
Degree-seeking Students Entering Academic Studies
Students who apply for a degree-program but who do not meet UCM's English Proficiency Standards will be automatically considered for Conditional Admission. Conditional Admission permits a degree-seeking student to transition to his or her degree program upon completion of the IEP. Please note that initial Conditional Admission status does not mean that a student may enroll in partial IEP and partial degree coursework.
There are 9 levels in the IEP. One level is typically completed in one 8-week session. All students who enter the U.S. on an I-20 issued by the Intensive English Program must be enrolled as full-time students in the IEP until such time as they successfully complete the program. Full-time enrollment in the IEP is 12 credit hours (13 credit hours in the final session).
Students Transitioning from the IEP to their Degree Programs
With the written recommendation of the Intensive English Program, students at the advanced level who have completed at least one eight week session in the IEP may audit or enroll in a university course(s) in addition to their IEP classes if the department offering the course allows it.
*Please note that admission into the Intensive English Program as an IEP-Only student does not guarantee admission into an academic program at University of Central Missouri. Admission to the University requires a separate application process for degree-seeking IEP students.