Application deadline for a fall semester is January 1.
Application deadline for a spring semester is July 1.
Applicants to the nursing program are considered based on all the admission standards listed in the General University Catalog. Patterns and trends in academic history that indicate potential for success and the applicant’s potential to meet standards to apply for licensure are also considered in the admission process.
All nursing program prerequisites courses must be taken prior to admission to the program (CHEM 1104, BIOL 3401, BIOL 3402, BIOL 3610, PSY 1100, SOC 1800, D&N 3340, NUR 1700 and NUR 2700). You must have a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average.
Along with the NursingCAS application, you will need to complete the following and submit to the Department of Nursing office (UHC 106):
- Speech and Hearing Form – This is done in the Department of Communication Disorders, Martin Building, Room 34 (sign in at the front desk). Check with their department for dates and times by calling 660-543-4993.
- Compass Exam – Final score must be a minimum of 81 to be considered for admission to the nursing program. Information about the Compass may be obtained from the Office of Assessment and Testing, Humphreys 216. Contact the Office of Assessment and Testing at 660-543-4919 for dates, times, and location, or register on-line at http://www.ucmo.edu/testingservices.
- GEA Exam— Completion of the GEA (General Education Assessment) exam with a minimum total score of 425. Contact the Office of Assessment and Testing at 660-543-4919 for dates, times, and location, or register on-line at http://www.ucmo.edu/testingservices.
Notes about NursingCAS application for UCM students:
- You will need a copy of your degree audit or unofficial transcript to assist you in completing the “Course Work” section of the NursingCAS application.
- Please enter your 7# under the “Nickname” box in the “Biographic Information” section.
- Please do not check "yes" to the question asking "whether you're a direct high school admit applying to an Associate or Bachelor degree nursing program". If you check yes, you will have to provide NursingCAS with an official high school transcript in order for your application to be complete and verified. This question has nothing to do with UCM's Department of Nursing direct admit policy.
- Please fill out the “Emergency Contact” information in the “Personal Data” section even though it is not required by NursingCAS.
- The “Parent and Family Information”, “Tests”, “References”, and “Personal Statement” sections are optional and UCM will not look at any information entered and submitted in these sections.
- The “Professional Experience” section is optional, but the Department of Nursing’s Admission and Progression Committee may take into consideration any information that is entered in this section.
- It is the students responsibility to submit an official transcript to NursingCAS.
- Only completed and verified NursingCAS applications submitted by the application deadline will be considered for admission to the nursing program.
The Department of Nursing at the University of Central Missouri is using NursingCAS, the National Centralized Application Service for Nursing Schools. Applicants will be charged $45 for the initial school designation, and $30 for each additional school to which they apply.
Please contact NursingCAS with all questions and concerns regarding your application.
Phone: 617-612-2880 (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time)
Email: email@example.com (When contacting via email, please include your full name, NursingCAS ID
number and detailed question)