Office of the General Counsel
Policy Officer / Paralegal
- Researches university policy issues, legislation related to higher education policy, and practice and operations as directed by the General Counsel.
- Researches, writes, and revises new policies and revisions to existing policies.
- Assesses the compatibility between proposed and existing policies, and determines the necessary action to bring both new and current policies into agreement.
- Initiates and facilitates the discussion, review, and approval of Board of Governors proposed policies and/or policy revisions.
- Interprets University policy for various campus governance groups and constituents.
- Supervises a central database for all Board of Governors policies and maintains a cross-referenced and indexed Board of Governors Policy Manual and UCM Procedures and Guidelines manual.
- Performs paralegal duties for the office of the General Counsel.