Undergraduate Study in Psychology
We offer a comprehensive, contemporary curriculum and opportunities for motivated students to get involved in the department.
- Our faculty engage in a wide range of research and involve undergraduates on their research teams.
- We have two student organizations, Psychology Club and Psi Chi, which provide many opportunities for service and professional development.
- The Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Psychology is an excellent option for those interested in Psychology and planning a career in a variety of areas that value scientific problem solving skills and an understanding of human behavior. It has more flexibility in major requirements than the B.S. and can be completed either on our Warrensburg campus or at the Central Summit Center in Lee's Summit, Missouri.
- The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Psychology requires more hours in Psychology and includes several laboratory classes. It provides a strong background for those planning a career in Psychology.
- The minor in Psychology is an excellent way to incorporate a background in psychological science into another major. It can be completed through online coursework, face to face courses, or a combination.
- We offer an undergraduate certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis. The ABA Certificate prepares students to be Board Certified Associate Behavior Analysts (eligible to take the exam after completing the certificate). This is a 21 hour program that overlaps with the Psychology major.