A variety of scholarships and awards are available for undergraduate Psychology students.
The Department of Psychological Science provided 9 tuition awards for the 2011-2012 academic year. Students interested in applying for the awards next year should visit the Department Office (Lovinger Building, Room 1111) for further award details and application forms. Deadline for all scholarship applications is March 1. Awards are announced at the annual Department Banquet at the end of the spring semester. There are nine awards available. They are as follows:
- Three tuition awards for psychology sophomores who will attain sophomore status by Fall 2011. Each award is $1,000 ($500 per semester).
- Three tuition awards for psychology majors who will attain junior status by Fall 2011. Each award is $1,000 ($500 per semester).
- Three tuition awards for psychology majors who will attain senior status by Fall 2011. Each award is $1,000 ($500 per semester).
Other Scholarships and Grants in Psychological Science
- Psi Chi Award and Grant Programs (there are several to choose from) Deadlines Oct. 1 - June 30.
- Jerome M. Sattler Award : Four awards– three for $100 and one for $150. (Application form). For best undergraduate poster or paper presentation, best research project completed as part of an undergraduate psychology course, best graduate student poster or paper presentation, and outstanding thesis. Deadline March 1.
- Arthur John Ter Keurst Scholarship in Psychological Science: For students majoring in psychology and have completed their junior year. Deadline March 1.
- Robert N. Higgins Memorial Scholarship : For junior or senior students majoring in psychology. Deadline: March 1.
- Joseph J. Ryan Scholarship: For full-time graduate students pursuing the M.S. in Psychology. Eligible students must be planning to pursue doctoral studies and show commitment to research.. Deadline: March 1.
Please check UCM's Scholarships & Awards office.