University Policy Office
Policy on Public Notice and Release of Information
Board of Governors Policy 1.1.020
Revised and approved by the Board of Governors on January 17, 2001
The University of Central Missouri complies with all federal and state laws regarding posting notice of public meetings, executive sessions, and releasing information.
A. It is the policy of the Board of Governors of the University of Central Missouri that all meetings, records and votes of the board and of its committees shall be open to the public unless otherwise provided by law or specified within this policy document. Doubts as to the proper classification of meetings, records and votes shall be resolved in favor of public access and disclosure.
B. Records of the board shall be maintained by the assistant secretary to the board who is hereby designated custodian of records of the board.
A. The records of the board shall be available for inspection and copying as follows:
- Requests for access to records of the board shall be made to the custodian during working hours at the Board of Governors office at 202 Administration Building, University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, MO 64093.
- No original records shall be removed from the board's office without written permission of the custodian. Persons/groups requesting records will be assessed a reasonable fee reflecting the expense of preparing records for inspection and/or copying records.
- The custodian shall respond to all requests for access expeditiously and no later than three working days after the request has been received.
- Any delay in granting access shall be fully explained to the person or group seeking access, and a date and time of availability shall be established.
- Any denial of a request for access shall, upon request by the person or group seeking access, be made in writing stating the grounds for denial of access and citing specific provisions of Chapter 610, RSMo, justifying such denial. A response denying access shall be made no later than the end of the third business day following receipt of the request for access.
B. Requests for access may be denied only on the grounds that the records or information sought are closed records pursuant to Section 610.021, RSMo (Missouri Sunshine Law), or on the grounds that the request has failed to comply with the requirements of Chapter 610, RSMo.
C. Inquiries concerning the compliance of the Board of Governors with state or federal law should be directed to the custodian of the records at the offices of the board.
Board of Regents approved "Release of Information Policy" on February 17, 1988
Formatting updated August 1, 2007