Violence & Substance Abuse Prevention
- Campus Alcohol Board
- House Party Guide
- Greeks Advocating the Mature Management of Alcohol
- Late Night Alcohol-Free Events
- Becoming Tobacco Free
- Designated Thinker
- VSAP Program Requests
- Contact us
CA Alcohol Program Funding Guidelines
Overview of Funding:
The purpose of this funding is to provide an incentive for CAs to utilize one of the VSAP prepared programs for their alcohol education program required by Housing. It is intended that the funding will primarily be used to provide snacks for your program to help encrourage residents to attend, though other uses may be approved.
Description of Criteria:
- CA must utilize one of the 4 prepared programs by VSAP in order to receive funding.
- All programs must have prior approval from the VSAP office, 1 week before program.
- Funds will be awarded per program, not per CA.
- Alcohol Education funds may be used only for specified expenditures.
- CAs must not glamorize or normalize high risk drinking when advertising the event nor during the event.
- CAs must have their residents complete a program evaluation (provided by VSAP) as a part of their program.
Funding Parameters for Targeted Audience:
- 20 residents or less = up to $20
- 21-30 residents = up to $30
- 31-40 residents = up to $40
- 50 residents or more, or for a co-sponsored or all hall program = $50
Steps to the funding process:
- Fill out the program request form. Please allow 1 week for processing.
- The VSAP office will schedule a brief appointment with you to discuss your application.
- Implement the program and have your residents complete the Program Evaluation provided by VSAP.
- Within 7 days after the program turn in the following to VSAP:
- Program evaluations completed by your residents
- Itemized receipts with the name of the Residence Hall to be reimbursed or a copy of the Sodexo order form used.
- Copies of any publicity
- When the above 3 items are received by VSAP, payment will be processed for reimbursement. Failure to submit the above items within 7 days after the program date will result in loss of funding.
- Note: If you are ordering food from Sodexo VSAP will provide you with a form for ordering your food and Sodexo will bill VSAP directly after the event.
Contact Person for funding:
Rhonda Neill, Administration 102, firstname.lastname@example.org, 660-543-4044