Violence & Substance Abuse Prevention
- Campus Alcohol Board
- Greeks Advocating the Mature Management of Alcohol
- Late Night Alcohol-Free Events
- Becoming Tobacco Free
- VSAP Program Requests
- Contact us
At the University of Central Missouri, we believe students should have the opportunity to learn in a safe and civil environment, free from sexual and interpersonal violence. For this reason, we provide all new students with education designed to help promote a respectful and positive environment. Haven is an engaging online program that provides important prevention skills and strategies for our students.
Haven is a research-based program that provides a unique learning experience regarding important prevention skills and strategies for our students. You will learn about healthy relationships, the importance of consent and being a good communicator, and the many ways you can help create the safe, positive campus you want to be a part of.
All newly-admitted upperclass and graduate students are required to complete this course. Any new graduate students who attended UCM for undergrad also need to complete the Haven course. (First year students complete a different course, AlcoholEdu for College, which covers this same material. For this reason, students transitioning from being a first-year student at UCM to an upperclass student do not need to take Haven.)
Important Dates for Haven Spring Completion
- January 13 - Students are able to login to Haven
- February 14 - Part One must be completed by this date. At this point the course will say you are 91% complete. *Part 1 of the course must be completed before you will be able to enroll in classes for the next semester.
- March 14 - Part Two must be completed by this date.
*The 2014 federal Campus Sexual Violence Act (SaVE Act) now requires all new students to complete a sexual and interpersonal violence prevention education; Haven fulfills this requirement.
Steps to logging in:
- Go to the MyCentral log in page.
- Enter your MyCentral ID (700 number on your ID card) and password into the login box. Note: If you have a problem logging in or can’t find your password call the UCM Technology Support Center at 660-543-4357 or email them at email@example.com.
- Once you’re logged into MyCentral click on the Haven link (not the AlcoholEdu link).
- If you have technical difficulties once you are in the course please call the Haven toll free help line at 1-866-384-9062.
Basic computer requirements
- To take Haven, you will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities. The Haven site also has other minimum technical requirements you will need in order to navigate the course.
- Because Flash Player is necessary to view some portions of the course, you may not be able to use a smart phone or tablet to complete the course.
- If you do not have access to a computer at home you may use the UCM library or another computer lab on campus.