Violence & Substance Abuse Prevention
- Campus Alcohol Board
- House Party Guide
- Greeks Advocating the Mature Management of Alcohol
- Late Night Alcohol-Free Events
- Becoming Tobacco Free
- Designated Thinker
- VSAP Program Requests
- Contact us
House Party Guide
The most common reasons party hosts get in trouble with landlords, neighbors, the police or fire marshall:
- Intoxicated people cause problems.
- The hosts charge a cover (or sell cups, collect for the utility bill, etc.)
- Minors are drinking at the party.
- The noise gets too loud.
- It becomes too crowded inside so people start partying outside.
- Trash is thrown all over the lawn
- A fight breaks out.
- People urinate or vomit outside.
- Cars are parked on lawns, in neighbors’ driveways, in posted no parking areas, or there are just too many cars.
- A party has been busted at that location before.
- Property is vandalized or stolen.
View/print the entire House Party guide.
If you would like to read more, follow the links below.