Violence & Substance Abuse Prevention
- Campus Alcohol Board
- House Party Guide
- Greeks Advocating the Mature Management of Alcohol
- Late Night Alcohol-Free Events
- Becoming Tobacco Free
- Designated Thinker
- VSAP Program Requests
- Contact us
House Party Guide
Residence Hall Policies Pertaining to Alcohol and Noise
- Alcohol is prohibited in first-year floors regardless of age.
- The Collection of any alcohol containers (beer cans, wine bottles, etc.) in first-year floors or rooms where all residents are under 21 years of age is not allowed.
- Possession of alcoholic beverages in upper-class floors is allowed under these conditions:
- 21 years of age or older
- No alcohol can be consumed if there are persons under the age of 21 present
- Alcohol is not allowed in any other area of the building except the student’s room
- Alcohol is for individual consumption only; no kegs, beer bongs, home brewing kits, or mass quantities of alcoholic beverages
- No more than four people are allowed in a room while alcohol is being consumed
- The door to the room must be closed
- Students coming into the residence halls intoxicated and causing a disturbance or violation of policy will also face disciplinary action
- Study/Quiet Hours
- No noise should be heard in the hallways or by neighbors including those above and below the student.
- Students should be able to study or sleep without undue disturbance or noise.
- Students should refrain from distracting behaviors in the hallways. This includes running in the hallway.
- Students should refrain from shouting in the hallways, lounges, and public areas or slamming of doors.
- Study/Quiet Hours: Sunday-Thursday: 9 p.m. - 10 a.m., Friday - Saturday: midnight - 10 a.m.
- During finals week each semester, there will be extended quiet hours. Signs will be posted throughout the residence halls.
- Courtesy Hours: Courtesy Hours are in effect 24 hours a day.
If you would like to read more, follow the links below.