School of Accountancy
- Importance of AACSB International Accreditation
- The Ultimate Business Adventure: Accounting
- Frequently Asked Questions
- About Us
- Degrees & Schedules
- Student Organizations
- Faculty & Staff
- Accounting Advisory Board
- Professional Organizations
- Requirements for Certification
- Accounting News
School of Accountancy
As an Accounting Major You are on the Fast Track to
some serious and exciting financial and career opportunities. Your options are unlimited. As a leader and creative problem-solver, you can go anywhere with your accounting degree- possibilities include:
- with the FBI or the Department of Treasury, solving high-profile fraud cases (accountants were responsible for ending Al Capone's crime Czar's career)
- with a Fortune 500 company or a family business
- with Hollywood studios, production companies or a whole universe of artists providing financial services (how cool would it be to have your name listed in the film credits as the accountant for an Oscar-winning film?)
- with government or a not-for-profit firm
- to a university as an accounting educator
- run your own business, or
- to law school with a strong business foundation
The choice is yours. Whatever your choice, as a critical member of a management team, you will use the skills you gained at UCM to analyze and solve problems, advancing the goals of your employer and yourself.
Expert Faculty and AACSB Accredited
UCM's Accountancy's Program professors are dedicated professionals that care about you, and your success. With an excellent accounting faculty, UCM has one of only 170 nationally recognized accounting programs and 670 business programs accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) with more than 12,500 business programs in 31 countries. AACSB is recognized globally as the symbol of excellence for business schools and accounting programs. Many Companies only recruit at AACSB accredited Universities and UCM's accounting job placement rate exceeds 94 percent.
UCM Named a Best Midwestern College
Citing a national survey that garnered positive student comments in areas such as academics, The Princeton Review has named UCM a Best Midwestern College.
One of 152 Schools in Midwest Recognized
This designation is found at The Princeton Review's Best Colleges: Region by Region online. UCM is listed as one of 152 schools in the Midwest to be recognized.
Excellent Academics, Wide Range of Choices
"We commend these institutions for their excellent academics and we believe our choices offer applicants and their parents in these regions a wide range of fine schools to consider applying to," said Robert Franek,
publisher and editorial director for
The Princeton Review.
Student Input Considered
Best Midwestern Colleges were selected with the help of student input. Some comments expressed by students are noted in campus profiles that are available on the web. According to The Princeton Review, "Students choose UCM because it is 'affordable,' 'offers a wide variety of programs,' and 'is a nice size - not too large or too small.'" It also notes that "A typical UCM student 'works hard to achieve her personal goals and still finds time to have fun.'"