Computer Information Systems
Association of Information Technology Professionals
The Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) is a professional organization designed to help students in the field of Information Systems by promoting education, sharing experiences, and providing opportunities for networking among individuals in the IS field, The UCM chapter of AITP was founded in 1968. Since that time, membership and opportunities provided by AITP have continually increased.
|Manish Sandbhor, President|
|Jason Ploch, Vice President|
|Dustin Henrich, Secretary|
|Abhijit Shimpi, Treasurer|
|Gia Montgomery, Social/Recruitment Director|
|Jason Ploch, Web Team Leader|
|Ryan Blankenship, Co-Web Team Leader|
|Jennifer Woodring, Historian|
Benefits of being a Member of AITP:
- Allows you to attend monthly dinners hosted by KC AITP chapter and meet with IT managers.
- Provides you a unique opportunity to go on field trips and visit IT facilities of companies like Sprint, Hallmark, Boeing, IDC, Yellow Tech., etc...
- Shows your participation in an extra curricular activity in your resume other than your academic performance (Most employers look for a well rounded student).
- Provides you an opportunity to attend and compete at the National Collegiate AITP Conference, win money and meet with employers.
- You can have access to a lab 24X7.
- Enables you to establish your connections and network with these contacts for internships and career opportunities.
Click on link for official AITP website: http://www.aitp.org/