Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Institute for Rural Emergency Management

Humphreys Building 201D
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Phone: 660.543.4971


Future Students

Frequently Asked Questions

UCM Crisis and Disaster Management Degree voted #6 of the Top 10 Best Online Emergency Management Degree Programs!
Click here to read the full article.

In what format is the Crisis and Disaster Management Degree offered?
The Crisis & Disaster Management Degree program is offered in two formats, on campus and an entirely online completion program.

Tell me more about the Crisis and Disaster Management degree program.
The field of emergency management has advanced in recent decades, resulting in an increase in demand for qualified professionals. Citizens benefit from degreed crisis managers in the event of natural or man-made disasters. Homeland Security agencies are seeking qualified professionals with experience and education.

The University of Central Missouri is preparing graduates for this growing field through its Bachelor of Science in Crisis and Disaster Management degree. Students who participate in this program may concentrate in the areas of emergency management, hazardous materials or business continuity.

The BS in Crisis and Disaster Management facilitates individual professional development in a student centered learning environment. Its multidisciplinary curriculum focuses on the principles of preparedness, response, mitigation, and recovery in an integrated program of study. Students who seek this degree are required to complete a practicum which provides them with valuable experience in the field to compliment their educational accomplishments.

Click here for CDM Course Description details.

Click here for a PDF of the program overview.

What are the career possibilities with a Crisis and Disaster Management degree?
Click here to see a list of possible careers to pursue with this degree.

Click here to see the criteria to be a Disaster Assistance Employee with FEMA.

The federal employment site is another place to search for federal emlployment.

I am transferring from another institution; how do I know if my credits will transfer?
Visit this page to do a transfer search. However, just because a course is not listed on this site does not mean it will not transfer. It is highly advisable for new transfer students to contact the Transfer & Transition Office at 660-543-4721. Students may have a consultation appointment before applying to UCM.

For students transferring from Wentworth Military Academy and College, click here for the requirements and other specific information.

And, be sure to check out the Transfer and New Adult Orientation Handbook for tons of useful info.

Are there support services for active duty members or Veterans of the United States military?
The University of Central Missouri has established the Office of Military and Veteran Services. Please click here to view their services.

What are the General Education requirements at UCM?
Click here to view UCM’s General Education requirements.

What are the degree requirements for the Crisis and Disaster Management Degree?
There are 4 degree options CDM students can choose from: Emergency Management, Emergency Services Management, Environmental Hazards and Business Continuity. To view the degree plans please visit the links located on the left under Crisis and Disaster Management degree.

How do I apply to UCM?
Click here to apply. For questions please call the Office of Admissions at 660-543-4290 or 1-877-729-8266.

Where do I go to apply for financial aid?
Click here or call the Office of Student Financial Services at 660-543-8266.

Be sure to fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at this page.  Apply before April 1 to be eligible for need-based aid for the following Fall semester. UCM’s school code is 002454.

How can I calculate the cost of my tuition?
Visit this page to utilize the Online/Hybrid Tuition Rates & Cost Calculator.

I have more questions.
Great! We’d love to help you. Please contact Dianna Bryant, Associate Professor at or Ronda Weinmann, Office Professional, at, or call 660-543-4971.