The Institute for Rural Emergency Management
- About IREM
- IREM Project Areas
- Rural Emergency Management Resources
- Crisis and Disaster Management Degree
- International Emergency Management Student Association
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Crisis and Disaster Management will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the programs to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of legal, professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Understand the importance of continuous professional development.
- Possess knowledge of contemporary safety science and technology issues faced in local, national and global contexts.
- Describe the four phases of emergency management: preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery.
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of the private sector, public sector, and non-governmental organizations in the state and local emergency response plans.
- Use technological tools to organize information, communicate, and respond to crisis and disaster events.
Program of Study in this major include three options: Emergency Management, Hazardous Materials, Business Continuity.